We’re currently seeking a talented individual to join our Social Prescribing team as a Health & Wellbeing Coach.
You’ll support individuals who are experiencing loneliness, isolation or inactivity, which is detrimental to their health and wellbeing. This will involve liaising with GP’s and health teams, as well as community health services. You’ll also engage with disadvantaged participants with multiple barriers, assessing their needs and developing individually tailored support packages to enable them to become more socially included and empower individuals to take control of their own health and wellbeing.
Our ideal candidate must have experience of Social Prescribing, as this is a mechanism we’ll use for linking individuals with non-medical sources of support within their community. You’ll identify and understand the barriers and opportunities for people to self-manage their conditions, by researching into and connecting people with a range of non-clinical activities and services in the community. However, we aren’t always looking for someone who ticks every single box. We’re looking for someone who can provide a first-class customer service, driven by our overarching aim to empower lives and improve communities.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary range £26,000 to £29,545 p.a. pro rata (dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Company Pension Scheme – 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Health Insurance Allowance
- Employer Paid Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual Salary Increase
- Enhanced Maternity/Adoption and Paternity Pay Arrangements
- Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter Tickets
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Interested? There’s an easy to apply route below to upload your CV!
If you need any further information, talk to our experienced Internal Recruitment Team on 01702 208282.
Seetec Group is an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our 2,500-strong team. People are at the front, centre and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make. What it means to be employee-owned.
What our people say.
Location: Saltash. You’ll work 3 days a week based within GP settings and 2 days a week remote working from home or community location. You’ll be covering surgeries in Saltash, Portview, and Penntorr in Torpoint and Rame
Hours: 37 hours a week. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5pm, Friday 8.30 am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 5 August 2022
Contract: FTC until 31/3/2023
- Support people within GP practices and in other community settings; to review their needs and help them access required services; and support them to take responsibility for improving their health and wellbeing where appropriate.
- Connect and build relationships with the wider community and local provisions to seek opportunities and activities in the local area, to ensure support for participants to access appropriate services for their needs. Manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact to motivate, empower, and encourage participants to take positive action to improve their health and wellbeing achieved through the participants attending Social Community groups, and by providing access to opportunities such as volunteering, education, training and employment.
- Take a holistic approach to co-produce a personalised support plan with SMART actions and goals based on the participant’s priorities and the wider determinants of health to develop trusting relationships by giving people time and focus on ‘what matters to me’.
For full job description follow the link:Health & Wellbeing Coach (Social Prescribing)
Skills and Experience
- Experience of mentoring and coaching individuals on a one-to-one basis and in a group setting.
- Experience of caseload management including accepting referrals and keeping track of all participant’s progress.
- Experience of networking and the ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the issues facing the long term unemployed and vulnerable customer groups.
- Experience of working in the health, community, or voluntary sector
- Knowledge and competency in using GP Clinical Systems such as Emis and SystemOne.
- Ability to deliver person-centred care through a personalised approach.
- Clinical or Social Care Experience would be an advantage
PLUSS part of Seetec Pluss and the Seetec group, is an award-winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential. Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities. Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under “About us”
Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.